Many business owners or managers do not think about all the security issues, so it is very important to answer the question, “Why do you think you need a surveillance system?”
Of course, almost everyone knows that video surveillance means recording activities and events, but a modern video system can do more than just storing information about the potential unfortunate events that would disrupt your business.
Along with technological advances in the field, the benefits and uses of such equipment have become almost unlimited, and the truth is that the right system will save your business time and money. Five years ago, most CCTV systems were used to combat theft, violence or sabotage. But in recent years, businesses have changed the way cameras are used.
The benefits of commercial security systems Denver businesses use can also reveal security issues that you may not have thought of before. Here they are.
- You can motivate your staff to provide high quality service and discourage improper behavior.
- You can recover the investment by reducing losses and eliminating waste (fuels, materials, spare parts, warehousing etc.).
- Surveillance cameras do not fall asleep and offer a fair and comprehensive point of view. A person may be confused and perhaps not always in the right place at the right time, but a surveillance system will provide a complete insight.
- One of the security issues of a business is dealing with potential theft or criminal intentions. Surveillance cameras can drastically discourage offenders or potential acts of violence, vandalism or any other unpleasant event, through their simple presence.
- You can eliminate unsubstantiated customer complaints. If you have a commercial business, you are most likely used to meet those customers who claim to have paid when they actually did not, or those who have requested something and now claim to have received something else and make a huge scene about it. Such inconveniences can be solved very fast with quick access to video recordings.
- You can relax and still be in control of your business, even in the moments when you are out of the office or when you have too many work points.
- Systems now come with microphones and speakers for both-way audio communication. By pressing a button, you can interact directly with your employees from a distance, while looking at them.
- You can lighten the disputes between employees. Discussions and misunderstandings between employees are eliminated very quickly with video evidence.
- Continuous and real-time monitoring. You can provide access to the surveillance system by attaching TVs, monitors etc.
- You can store records for as long as you wish and use them efficiently. With a properly implemented system, you will have access to recordings by various filtering methods: by time and date, event, motion detection etc.
- Remote monitoring. By connecting the system to the Internet, access to surveillance cameras can be granted to authorized persons: tour managers, directors etc. Access can be made via phone, PC, laptop, or tablet.
- More than just access control, a surveillance system also monitors the space around the building and other areas such as the parking lot.